Whether you’re a middle school teacher looking for a way to help your students learn what it means to be the boss, or an afterschool educator wanting to incorporate fun, hands-on learning in your program, Read to Lead is the answer.
The program includes three engaging games that put students in leadership roles where they learn how to make important decisions. After the Storm, Community in Crisis, and Vital Signs are all designed based on real-world workplace environments. Students build critical 21st Century Skills while improving their literacy and vocabulary comprehension through game-based learning. The program also includes hands-on, project-based learning lesson plans, educator tools, and much more.
Decide How You Want to Use the Program
Read to Lead can be used in a number of different classroom and out-of-school time programs.
- Login: Go to rtlgames.org and login to your account (at the top right of the homepage).
- Create your Class: After you’re logged in, scroll down to “EducatorTools” and click on the dark blue icon.
- Under “Advanced Class Features” click on “Add Empty Class” and add students.
Explore the Games & Activities
Go back to the landing page by clicking “Read to Lead Program” on the top left of your screen.
- Game Selection: Review the details of each game in Read to Lead and decide where you want to start.
- Login Cards: We created your first class of students automatically! Simply click on the dark blue tile with the printer icon to print login cards for them. If you’ve created multiple classes, you can select the one you want from the pull-down menu.
- Kick-Off: We’ve put together lesson plans and activities to help you frame Read to Lead with your students. Start by discussing what it takes to be the boss. You can use our resources or tailor them to meet your needs!